Workplan / Priority Issues
During 2013, in addition to providing input to the State Regents, the Chancellor and the State Regents' staff regarding ongoing higher education initiatives, the Faculty Advisory Council will focus on the following topics:
- Improve services for current military, veterans and family members including use of prior learning assessment.
- Identify and share best practices for IT services and support for faculty.
- Clarify faculty issues and benefits including workload, adjuncts, salaries, retirement and health insurance.
- Improve college graduation rates including use of online courses and reducing textbook costs.
- Improve preparation for higher education of all students including those direct from high school, adults, transfers and lower-division students in areas including math, reading, writing, listening and financial literacy.
To provide input or to seek information regarding the items on the workplan or any other matters of faculty concern, please contact any of the current members of the Faculty Advisory Council.