Workplan / Priority Issues
During 2015, in addition to providing input to the State Regents, the Chancellor and the State Regents' staff regarding ongoing higher education initiatives, the Faculty Advisory Council will focus on the following topics:
- Improve understanding of (a) the diverse work responsibilities of faculty across the state of Oklahoma and (b) the impact that policy and funding have on students, faculty and staff in their roles related to teaching/learning, advising/mentoring, research/scholarship and institutional, professional and community service.
- Enhance public understanding of faculty workload, market value of salaries and instructional costs. Describe faculty workload by institutional mission and responsibilities such as teaching, advising, service and research. Provide information on cost of instruction and economic impact. Expand use of Salaries in The Oklahoma State System of Higher Education annual report. Develop communications for distribution.
- Expand communication with all faculty. Share information that comes to the Faculty Advisory Council. Develop communication strategy that reaches all institutions.
- Improve student preparation for college and services for college students, including veterans. Learn more about the current K-12 standards and the process for developing new standards.
- Support and provide advice on current State Regents initiatives, including Complete College America, Online Education Task Force, Campus Safety and Security Task Force and legislation.
To provide input or to seek information regarding the items on the workplan or any other matters of faculty concern, please contact any of the current members of the Faculty Advisory Council.