Economic Development Grant for the Regents Business Partnership Excellence Award
Regents Business Partnership Excellence Award
Tuesday, March 10, 2015
11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Oklahoma History Center
800 Nazih Zuhdi Drive
Oklahoma City, OK 73105
Map/Directions (external link)
RSVP online now! (opens in new window)
About the Program
The Regents Business Partnership Excellence Award is designed to highlight successful partnerships and to further cultivate the higher learning environment through State Regents’ Economic Development Grants. Institutions involved in these partnerships provide $500 in other financial support AND receive a matching $500 State Regents’ Economic Development Grant that is applied to either:
- The tuition of an employee of the business being recognized.
- A paid internship for a current student of the institution to work at the business being recognized.
- A faculty externship with the business being recognized.
- Enhancement of the partnership with additional equipment, materials or supplies.
Submissions are provided by the institutions and reviewed by a committee of State Regents’ staff and the EDC Regents Business Partnership Excellence Award committee to insure the integrity of the program. Only one partner summary is allowed per institution, with a maximum of 25 annual recognitions if each of the 25 public higher education institutions submits a partner to be recognized. Through outside sponsorship, the State Regents provide one plaque of recognition to honor the business partner and institution leaders for their outstanding partnership. They receive the plaque of recognition at a reception that is held in the spring of each year.
The 27 partnerships listed below will be recognized for 2015 during the ceremony at the Oklahoma History Center on March 10.
- Cameron University and Lawton Marketing Group
- Carl Albert State College and Arvest Bank
- Connors State College and the Greater Muskogee Chamber of Commerce
- East Central University and Kellogg & Sovereign Consulting LLC
- Eastern Oklahoma State College and AT&T
- Langston University and Northeast Resource Center
- Murray State College, the Pink Pistol and Miranda Lambert
- Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College and Sodexo Food Services
- Northeastern State University and the AT&T Foundation
- Northern Oklahoma College and Piyush and Lisa Patel/PL Studios
- Northwestern Oklahoma State University and Woods County District 2
- Oklahoma City Community College and the Oklahoma Hospital Association
- Oklahoma Panhandle State University and Texas County Commissioners
- Oklahoma State University’s Robert M. Kerr Food and Agricultural Products Center (FAPC) and KiZE Concepts
- Oklahoma State University Institute of Technology and the MidContinent Chapter of the Gas Processors Association
- Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City, Cox Communications and Percy Kirk
- Redlands Community College and Emergency Medical Services Authority
- Rogers State University and Google Inc.
- Rose State College and Tinker Air Force Base
- Seminole State College and Security State Bank
- Southeastern Oklahoma State University and Rustin Concrete
- Southwestern Oklahoma State University and SportChassis
- Tulsa Community College, Bama and APSCO Inc.
- University of Central Oklahoma and the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma
- University of Oklahoma and Dell Inc.
- University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma and Public Service Company of Oklahoma
- Western Oklahoma State College and Great Plains Child Care Resource and Referral