Oklahoma GEAR UP is providing press releases, tool kits, workshop materials and flyers to help make local Plan4College Centers a success. We hope that Plan4College site coordinators find this information useful in assisting
local families and students with their
college planning needs.
Plan4College Center Press Release
Your Plan4College Center is up and running . . . the banners are hung, the handouts are displayed and your staff is trained. The only thing missing is visitors. Below is a link to a great tool to announce your center to the public, including students and families. Let them know you are open for business!
You can localize the press release with details about your Plan4College Center, such as the location, hours of operation and any special services or programs your center may offer. Anywhere you see (INSERT), please add your own information.
Instructions for Saving the Plan4College Center Press Release to Your Computer
You must have Microsoft Word installed on your computer to open this file. To download the press release, right click on the link with your mouse and select “Save Target As.” Then select the location on your computer where you want to save the file and click on “Save.” It should be ready to open. If you need this in another format, please contact Kristi Allison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructions for Localizing the Plan4College Center Press Release
To localize the press release:
- Open the file in Microsoft Word.
- Find (INSERT ….) in the press release.
- Replace capitalized words inside parenthesis with localized information.
- Save your document.
- Your localized press release is now ready to be printed on your organization’s letterhead or emailed as an attachment.
Suggestions on How to Use the Press Release
The press release can be used to announce the grand opening of your center, an open house or any other special event in which you would like to invite the public. Places to send your press release for distribution include:
- Local media outlets, including newspapers and television and radio stations
- Area schools
- Community and faith-based organizations
Plan4College Press Release (Word Doc, 28k)
Materials for Conducting Parent and Student Workshops
You must have Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer to view PDF versions of the materials below. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Plan4College Center Flyers
Oklahoma GEAR UP is providing Plan4College flyers that site coordinators can localize with their information. There are two flyers in both color and black & white versions. Please read the directions below carefully and note that you must have Microsoft Publisher installed on your computer to open these files.
Instructions for Saving Plan4College Center Flyers to Your Computer
You must have Microsoft Publisher installed on your computer to open these files. To download these publications, right click on the name of the flyer with your mouse and select "Save Target As." Then select the location on your computer where you want to save the file and click on "Save." It should be ready to open!
Plan4College Center Flyer Bulletin Black & White (Microsoft Publisher, 1.2 m)
Plan4College Center Flyer Bulletin Color (Microsoft Publisher, 1.7 m)
Plan4College Center Flyer Stars Black & White (Microsoft Publisher, 1.8 m)
Plan4College Center Flyer Stars Color (Microsoft Publisher, 2.5 m)
Instructions for Localizing Plan4College Center Flyers
1. Right click on the file name and select "Open With Microsoft Publisher."
2. In Microsoft Publisher, make sure the pointer tool is selected (the icon that looks like a white arrow) from the tool bar on the left side of your screen.
3. With the pointer tool, click in the "Click Here to Add..." box on the flyer.
4. Select all and hit delete to erase the template text.
5. Add localized information.
6. Click on "File" and "Save" from the top menu bar.
7. Click on "File" and "Print" to print your flyer.
8. Congratulations your new flyers are ready for distribution!
Banner Ad #1 - Callie (JPG, 90Kb)
Banner Ad #2 - Josh (JPG, 90Kb)
Banner Ad #3 - Erik (JPG, 90Kb)
Banner Ad #4 - Zach (JPG, 90Kb)
Banner Ad #5 - Tinasha (JPG, 90Kb)
Banner Ad #6 - Thomas (JPG, 90Kb)
Instructions for Using Plan4College Website Banner Ads
1. Select the image you want to use and right click on the graphic, which is a Web ready jpeg.
2. Click “Save Target As” and save in the images folder of your main Web site folder on your computer.
3. Utilizing your Web site development software, open the Web page where you want to the banner ad to be located.
4. Insert the banner ad as an image onto your Web page where you deem appropriate.
5. Save your Web page.
6. Upload the jpeg banner ad onto your server.
7. Upload your updated Web page onto your server.
Suggestions on How to Use the Banner Ads
Link the banner ad to a web page that further describes your Plan4College Center, including the hours it is open, the exact location and contact information.
Link the banner ad to a PDF file of the Plan4College Flyer, which includes the hours the center is open and the exact location.
Link the banner ad to the Plan4College Center information on the GEAR UP website: http://www.okhighered.org/gearup/plan-4-college.shtml.
Link the banner ad to www.OKcollegestart.org.
For technical assistance with Plan4College Center materials, please contact:
Kristi Allison, Communications Specialist
Oklahoma GEAR UP