Your browser does not support accepted Web standards. This site has been redesigned to meet Section 508 accessibility standards for persons with disabilities and to meet W3C recommendations for forward compatibility. If you are using an older browser (Netscape or IE 4.x and older), the site layout will not display correctly. However, all pertinent information should still be viewable. To better view this site, please download a browser that complies with Web standards. For upgrade information, visit [www.webstandards.org/upgrades]. Comments or questions? Email [accessibility@osrhe.edu].

Skip directly to: Content, Search Box, Main Navigation
 
 
 
 

OCALD Minutes

OCALD
Minutes of the November 30, 2000 meeting
Teleconference

Beth Anne Freeman, chair, welcomed members attending via the various sites and thanked the host site coordinators. Freeman expressed special thanks to Phil Moss for making all the necessary arrangements for the teleconference. The minutes of the October 26, 2000 meeting were approved.

David Robinson reported on the Cooperative Collection Development and Resource Sharing Committee's review of PsycInfo. The committee received a renewal quote from OCLC, which indicated a 5% increase in price. The committee distributed a survey on the discussion list asking member preferences regarding PsycInfo. The committee recommends renewing PsycInfo with OCLC for the coming year. The committee will use the spring months to get quotes from vendors on PsycInfo with full-text in order to be prepared at the next renewal time. Phil Moss is asking Amigos for clarification on the impact PsycInfo may have on the statewide OCLC ports. Freeman requested those OCALD members who have not yet responded to the committee survey to reply directly to David, not to the list.

Phil Moss requested all OCALD members responding to questions or surveys on the list to remember to reply only to the sender, not to the discussion list. When you use the reply function your message posts back to the discussion list and is delivered to all subscribers of the list.

Barbara King reported on the OLTN Shared Database Committee. The committee has met and is preparing an RFP for online database bids. Contract awards will be made April 1, 2001.

Freeman thanked those who have responded to the Library Technology Fee survey that was posted to the list. Please respond to Freeman if you have not yet done so. Freeman will post the results of the survey to the discussion list in January.

Freeman reported that Julie Brooks received seven sample surveys regarding library hours. Bela Foltin and Julie will be developing a survey tool to be distributed in January.

Phil Moss reported on Internet 2. Phil will post a URL with information to the OCALD discussion list.

Phil Moss reported the Regents would approve the QIG fund to be allocated to databases at the next meeting.

There were no committee reports.

The UCITA teleconference will be available December 13 at OSU-COM in Tulsa and OUHSC Bird Auditorium in OKC. Ursula Scott will check on videotaping rights. Freeman will contact Linda Saferite, TCCL Executive Director, to coordinate with public libraries for the teleconference offerings.

Freeman requested the host of the teleconference site for the meeting today to send the evaluations to Beth Anne.

The next meeting will be January 25, 2000 at 1:00 p.m. in the State Regents' Conference Room.

Meeting adjourned.

Francine J. Fisk
Secretary