Community College Scholarship
- Support and technical assistance from scholar coordinators
- College credit for course work
- Academic and student support services
- Networking with other child care professionals
- Outstanding faculty committed to student success
- Increase quality child care
- Scholarships for course work at career technology centers and community colleges
- Scholarship for the CDA or CCP Credential Assessment application process
- Pell Grants
- College admission
- On-site technical assistance
- Scholars Program Scholarships
- REWARD Oklahoma Incentive Program
- CDA Credential
For more information or assistance, contact the scholar coordinator in your area:
Carl Albert State College, Poteau, Idabel and Sallisaw, Verna Corley, 918.647.1252
Connors State College, Muskogee, Kiki McWilliams, 405.225.9395 or 866.343.3881
Eastern Oklahoma State College, Wilburton, Kiki McWilliams, 405.225.9395 or 866.343.3881
Murray State College, Tishomingo, Heather McLean, 580.387.7412
Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College, Miami, Linda Davis, 918.540.6309
Northern Oklahoma College, Enid, Linda Sutherlin, 580.548.2360
Northern Oklahoma College, Stillwater, Quen Wilczek, 405.372.2404
Oklahoma City Community College, Bonita Spinner, 405.682.7832
Oklahoma State University – Oklahoma City, Jeff Rosson, 405.945.9168 or 800.560.4099
Redlands Community College, El Reno, Karen Huett, 405.422.1286
Rose State College, Midwest City, Jennifer Bachhofer, 405.733.7449
Seminole State College, Carol Parker, 405.382.9700
Tulsa Community College, Ashley Watkins, 918.595.8280, or Amber Chase, 918.595.8024
Western Oklahoma State College, Altus, Shanna McBride, 580.477.7880
Career Technology Centers, Gina McPherson, 405.225.9396 or 866.343.3881
- Work in a one-star plus or above OKDHS or tribal-licensed child care facility with a minimum of 10 percent subsidy children at time of application.
- Work as a teacher, family child care provider or director at least 30 hours per week earning $15.50 or less per hour.
- Must be employed at a child care facility at least six months before beginning course work.
- Once approved, must be on a child development/early childhood plan of study.
Note: Due to the availability of education and training funds, employees from federally funded child care programs are not eligible to participate in the scholarship.
Community College Scholarship Brochure
A College Scholarship for Child Care Professionals... Just Like You (PDF, 34.1m)
For More Information
For more information, visit the links on the left or contact Kiki McWilliams at the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education, 866.343.3881 (toll free) or 405.225.9397, or the Scholars for Excellence in Child Care scholar coordinator in your area.