Your browser does not support accepted Web standards. This site has been redesigned to meet Section 508 accessibility standards for persons with disabilities and to meet W3C recommendations for forward compatibility. If you are using an older browser (Netscape or IE 4.x and older), the site layout will not display correctly. However, all pertinent information should still be viewable. To better view this site, please download a browser that complies with Web standards. For upgrade information, visit []. Comments or questions? Email [].

Skip directly to: Content, Search Box, Main Navigation

Student Transfer Policies

Public Colleges and Universities
If you decide to transfer to an Oklahoma public four-year university with an associate in arts or associate in science degree (two-year degrees) from another Oklahoma public college, State Regents' policy guarantees that your associate degree will satisfy all freshman and sophomore general education requirements at the four-year university. If you transfer to another college before you complete an associate degree, you will receive general education credit for courses that match those at the college you wish to attend.

All undergraduate degrees, except for the associate in applied science, require that you take a minimum of 37 hours of required courses in English, literature, math, science, history and the arts.

To help you during the transfer process, the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education distributes transfer matrices that outline like-type courses that will transfer among Oklahoma's public colleges and universities. In addition, each bachelor's degree-granting university lists the requirements for each of its bachelor's degree programs and publicizes those requirements for use by all other colleges and universities. For more information, see your advisor or check with the institution to which you plan to eventually transfer. You can also contact Angel Icenhour at or 225.9261 in the Oklahoma City area or call the Student Information Hotline at 800.858.1840, option 7.

For information/questions about transferring courses paid for by the Oklahoma's Promise program, call the Oklahoma's Promise office at 405.225.9239 in the Oklahoma City local dialing area, or for long distance, call toll free 1.800.858.1840. You can also email

Independent (Private) Colleges and Universities
Transfer guidelines may vary from institution to institution. Check with the institution you wish to attend for additional information.