Greetings to all international students!
Are you looking for a warm and welcoming place to pursue your higher education dreams? Look no further than the beautiful state of Oklahoma, where we extend a special invitation to students from all corners of the globe.
Here in Oklahoma, you'll find a friendly and open community that is always eager to welcome people from diverse backgrounds. No matter where you come from, you'll find kindred spirits among the many thriving and prosperous communities throughout the state. From the vibrant cultures of Asia to the proud heritage of Eastern and Western Europe, Africa, and Latin America, you'll find a rich tapestry of diversity in every corner of Oklahoma.
So why not join the many other international students who have already discovered the beauty and warmth of Oklahoma? Come experience our unique blend of hospitality, academic excellence, and cultural diversity. We can't wait to welcome you to the Sooner State!
International Student Services
Most institutions have dedicated staff to work with international students, as well as active international student organizations. Contact institutions directly for more detailed information.
Why Study in Oklahoma?
There are many good reasons to choose a school in Oklahoma for your college, university or language study.
- Oklahoma has 38 accredited public and independent colleges and universities. A map of institutions in the state is available in the Counselors' Resource Book: Oklahoma's Colleges and Universities.
- Oklahoma has four approved intensive English programs (IEP).
- Higher education in Oklahoma is affordable. Comparing tuition costs with similar institutions in other regions of the United States, Oklahoma higher education is a great educational value. Students from moderate- income families are particularly pleased with Oklahoma institutions’ tuition and fee schedules.
- The cost-of-living index in Oklahoma is extremely favorable. Your money goes further because food prices, housing/rental costs, gas/petrol prices, etc. are among the lowest in the nation. Oklahoma provides safe campuses and communities, with crime rates generally lower than other regions.
- Oklahoma is the center, the heartland, of our country – offering a genuine American experience to international students – and is perfectly located for travel, both arriving in the United States and visiting the rest of our country. A map of the United States is available at the end of this section. Oklahoma is culturally diverse with representatives from all major ethnic groups among our citizens. Oklahoma also has a large Native American population and wide access to Native American culture, art, pow-wows and festivals. For more information on Oklahoma, visit travelok.com .