Inspired to Teach offers qualified Oklahoma students an opportunity to earn scholarships and benefits. Program participants may have the opportunity to earn up to $25,500 as they complete their Educator Preparation Program and teach in Oklahoma.
- Graduate from an Oklahoma high school.
- Meet higher education admission standards at: 1) a public or private Oklahoma university with an accredited Oklahoma teacher education program, or 2) a community college with an approved articulation agreement with an accredited Oklahoma university teacher education program.
- Declare a major in an accredited Oklahoma university teacher education program with a degree leading to a standard teaching certificate or declare a major at a community college with an approved "Inspired to Teach" articulation agreement with an accredited Oklahoma teacher education program leading to a standard Oklahoma teaching certificate.
- Be enrolled as a full-time (12 credit hours per semester) undergraduate student each semester of eligibility in the program.
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) and a minimum 2.5 GPA throughout matriculation.
- Prior to entry into the Inspired to Teach program, the student shall agree to complete the Oklahoma teacher preparation education program and agree to teach in an Oklahoma public prekindergarten through 12th grade (PK-12) school for a minimum of five (5) consecutive years upon graduation and licensure as a teacher
Inspired to Teach Flyer (PDF, 717k)
Inspired to Teach Participant Agreement* (PDF, 311k)
Inspired to Teach Applicant Contact Information Update Form (PDF, 465k)
Inspired to Teach Employment Compliance Form (PDF, 148k)
*NOTE: The Inspired to Teach Participation Agreement must be completed with a campus Inspired to Teach program coordinator (PDF, 102k). Submit the completed form to the Inspired to Teach coordinator at your institution to verify eligibility and enroll in the program.