The Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education established the Campus Safety and Security Task Force in January 2013. Among other priorities, the Task Force:
- Advocates prudent campus safety and security policies.
- Reviews federal and state law pertaining to campus safety and security.
- Promotes implementation of campus safety best practices.
- Encourages creation of an active threat assessment task force on every campus.
- Facilitates coordination between campus security personnel and key state agencies, entities and service providers.
- Encourages a training and drill calendar that includes behavioral threat assessment training and response, emergency and intruder response, and continuity of operations.
Members of the task force are appointed by Chancellor Allison Garrett. The task force is comprised of representatives from across Oklahoma higher education, career technology education, public safety and health services.