Skip to content

Reverse Transfer

Home ¬Ľ Complete College America ¬Ľ Reverse Transfer

Many students enroll at community colleges and transfer courses from the community college to a university toward a bachelor‚Äôs degree. Reversing this process and transferring courses from the university back to the community college is called reverse transfer. Students who transfer to a university before completing an associate degree and who have earned at least 15 credit hours from the community college may benefit from reverse transfer. The university courses that are transferred back to the community college may be used to fulfill degree requirements at both institutions. Therefore, students may earn the associate degree from the community college while attending the university. For more information, contact the registrar’s office of the¬†community college¬†you attended.