About the Program
The Regents Business Partnership Excellence Award is designed to highlight successful partnerships between business and community partners. Institutions involved in these partnerships provide $500 in financial support AND receive a matching $500 State Regents’ Economic Development Grant that is applied to either:
- The tuition of an employee of the business being recognized.
- A paid internship for a current student of the institution to work at the business being recognized.
- A faculty externship with the business being recognized.
- Enhancement of the partnership with additional equipment, materials or supplies.
Submissions are provided by the institutions and reviewed by a committee of State Regents’ staff. All honorees are celebrated at an annual ceremony.
The 27 partnerships listed below were recognized for 2023.
- Cameron University and Fires Innovation Science and Technology Accelerator
- Carl Albert State College and the Cherokee Nation Child Development Program
- Connors State College and the Cherokee Nation Nursing/Career Ladder Program
- East Central University and the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma
- Eastern Oklahoma State College and The Puterbaugh Foundation
- Langston University and ImageNet Consulting
- Murray State College and the Chickasaw Nation
- Northeastern A&M College and the Wyandotte Nation
- Northeastern State University and the Cherokee Nation
- Northern Oklahoma College and the Allen Family Charitable Foundation
- Northwestern Oklahoma State University and FORVIS
- Oklahoma City Community College and the City of Oklahoma City
- Oklahoma Panhandle State University and Seaboard Foods
- Oklahoma State University and Continental Resources
- Oklahoma State University Institute of Technology and Xalter
- Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City and Bear Cognition
- Redlands Community College and Coleman Television
- Rogers State University and Saint Francis Health System
- Rose State College and Delaware Resource Group
- Seminole State College and the Avedis Foundation
- Southeastern Oklahoma State University and Durant Industrial Authority
- Southwestern Oklahoma State University and Delaware Resource Group
- Tulsa Community College and Cox Communications
- University of Central Oklahoma and Tinker Air Force Base
- University of Oklahoma and The Boeing Company
- University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma and the City of Chickasha
- Western Oklahoma State College and Altus Air Force Base
Information on past recipients is available at the links below.