The Career Technology Center Scholarship is available for eligible providers enrolling in Early Education: Pathway to Your National Credential course work. Click on the topic areas below for more information.
What Is Early Education: Pathway to Your National Credential?
Pathway is a program that provides comprehensive CDA training and prepares child care providers for a National Credential.*
*Early Education: Pathway to Your National Credential is the only CDA curriculum eligible for a scholarship through technology centers. Other CDA training offered through technology centers is not eligible for the tuition or CDA assessment scholarship.
- Convenient class scheduling options – traditional, flex-track and online course available.
- Potential to earn college credit toward an A.A./A.S. degree.
- Highly qualified instructors.
- Technical assistance.
- Networking and hands-on learning opportunities.
- Participation in Oklahoma Registry: Professional Development Ladder.
- Complete your professional portfolio.
Paying for Training
Students enrolled in the Pathway program at technology centers may be eligible for the Scholars for Excellence in Child Care program scholarship. With the Scholars program:
- Get free books and free assessment materials.
- Pay no tuition through spring 2024.
- Receive career advisement.
Scholars Program Eligibility
To qualify for the Scholars program, students must:
- Be employed at a licensed child care facility.
- Be employed at a licensed child care facility participating in the state QRIS program with a rating of one star or higher.
- Be employed as a teacher, assistant director, director, family child care provider assistant, or family child care provider (caring for children other than their own) working at least 30 hours per week.
- Agree to be on a child development or early childhood education plan of study at a partnering Technology Center.
Pathway to Your National Credential Coursework
|Unit 1: Providing for Children’s Safety
|Unit 2: Providing for Children’s Health
|Unit 3: Providing an Environment for Learning
|Unit 4: Child Growth and Development Concepts
|Unit 5: Ensuring Developmentally Appropriate Practice
|Unit 6: Guiding Children
|Unit 7: Involving Families and the Community
|Unit 8: Program Plans and Record Keeping
|Unit 9: Developing as an Early Education Professional
|Unit 10: Putting It All Together: CDA or CCP
|Total Clock Hours
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible for a scholarship?
Child care providers who work as a teacher, family child care provider or director at least 30 hours per week.
Who will pay the tuition for the scholarship recipients?
Students enrolled in the Pathway program at technology centers may be eligible for the Scholars for Excellence in Child Care program scholarship. If eligible for a scholarship, the Scholars Program, operated by the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education, will pay the career technology center directly. With the Scholars program, the scholar will get free books and free assessment materials and will pay only 10% of tuition.
Is off-site training available for the Pathway to Your National Credential program?
Yes, as long as the training being offered off-site is coordinated through a technology center, the Pathway program will be available at off-site locations.
Is the Pathway to Your National Credential program offered online?
Yes, the Pathway program is offered completely online.
Can you mix the online courses with on-site courses?
Yes, you can combine the online courses and the on-site courses to complete the Pathway program.
Do I need high-speed connection in order to enroll in the online option?
No, a dial-up or high-speed Internet connection will work.
If I do not qualify for a Scholars Program scholarship, may I still enroll in the Pathway to Your National Credential program?
Yes, anyone will be able to enroll in the Pathway program.
If I took the CDA Blocks at Tulsa Technology Center, am I eligible for a tuition or assessment scholarship?
No, any other training besides the Pathway to Your National Credential program taken through Tulsa Technology Center will not be eligible for a tuition or assessment scholarship.
For More Information
For more information, visit the links on the right or contact Bailey Maxey at the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education, 866.343.3881 (toll free) or 405.225.9133, or the Scholars for Excellence in Child Care scholar coordinator in your area.