Skip to content

Student Transfer Policies

Home ¬Ľ Transfer Students ¬Ľ Student Transfer Policies

Public Colleges and Universities

If you decide to transfer to an Oklahoma public four-year university with an associate in arts or associate in science degree (two-year degrees) from another Oklahoma public college, State Regents’ policy guarantees that your associate degree will satisfy all freshman and sophomore general education requirements at the four-year university. If you transfer to another college before you complete an associate degree, you will receive general education credit for courses that match those at the college you wish to attend.

All undergraduate degrees, except for the associate in applied science, require that you take a minimum of 37 hours of required courses in English, literature, math, science, history and the arts.

To help you during the transfer process, the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education distributes transfer matrices that outline similar courses that will transfer among Oklahoma’s public colleges and universities. In addition, each bachelor’s degree-granting university lists the requirements for each of its bachelor’s degree programs and publicizes those requirements for use by all other colleges and universities. For more information, see your adviser or check with the institution to which you plan to eventually transfer. You can also contact Angel Icenhour at¬†¬†or 405.225.9261 in the Oklahoma City area or call the Student Information Hotline at 800.858.1840, option 7.

For information/questions about transferring courses paid for by the Oklahoma’s Promise program, call the Oklahoma’s Promise office at 405.225.9239 in the Oklahoma City local dialing area, or for long distance, call toll free 800.858.1840. You can also email

Independent (Private) Colleges and Universities

Transfer guidelines may vary from institution to institution. Check with the institution you wish to attend for additional information.